Can there be a nobler and more fitting tribute to the memory of those you’ve lost than perpetuating their memory in the heart of Jerusalem?
Shaare Zedek’s Yahrzeit Memorial Programme allows you to honour the memory of those most precious to you. Additionally, your participation will ensure that the Shaare Zedek Medical Centre continues its century-long commitment to healing patients under its care.
Jewish practises relating to death and mourning have two purposes – showing respect for the dead (Kavod Ha-Met) and providing comfort to the living who will dearly miss the departed (Nihum Avelim). The Shaare Zedek Yahrzeit Memorial Programme does both.
Yahrzeit at Shaare Zedek Medical Centre
For a one-off contribution of $1,000, the Yahrzeit programme ensures that:
- During the first year of mourning, Kaddish is recited three times daily in Shaare Zedek’s synagogue, regularly attended by staff, patients and visitors
- An illuminated memorial plaque will be displayed on the Digital Yahrzeit Memorial Board in the synagogue for the entire 12-month period
- In all subsequent years, Kaddish is said every year on the Yahrzeit (date of death)
- A special memorial ‘bracha’ is recited on the nearest Shabbat
- He or she will be remembered during Yizkor prayers on Pesach, Shavuot, Yom Kippur and Shemini Atzeret
- Your digital memorial plaque will be displayed in the synagogue on the Yahrzeit (date of death)
- Your memorial plaque and light are erected in the synagogue a week before Yahrzeit and will burn until a few days afterward
- Every year, you will receive a letter directly from the hospital reminding you of the Yahrzeit date
For more information on the Shaare Zedek Yahrzeit Memorial Programme, please call 416-781-3584 or email firstname.lastname@example.org