As the high holidays near, families are getting ready to get together. The team at Shaare Zedek Medical Center’s Memory Clinic encourages you to use this opportunity to observe elderly parents, aunts and uncle and see if you notice concerning changes:
• Are they forgetting names of grandchildren or friends?
• Do they lose their train of thought?
• Do they seem disoriented in time or space (not knowing the day of the week?)
• Are they able to do everyday tasks on their own?
• Do they seem more withdrawn?
• Do they misplace things or put things in strange places?
• Are they having severe mood swings?
• For the cooks among them, do they seem to have difficulty remembering or following a recipe?
If you notice that your loved one may be having memory issues, please schedule an appointment at our Memory Clinic. Our memory clinic offers a comprehensive approach for diagnosis and also advises families on which support elements or daycare facilities will be most effective in each specific case. We also continue our relationship with the patient and their family as needed. For more information, contact our memory clinic at 02-666-6882.