If you have already made a planned gift to Shaare Zedek, please let us know. We would be honoured to recognize you as a member of the Legacy Zedek Donor Circle. Consider sharing this good news with us by emailing us at email@example.com. If you prefer your gift to remain anonymous, please be assured your wishes will be respected
By leaving a legacy in your Will to Shaare Zedek Canada, you are ensuring that the hospital serves Jerusalem, both now and in the future.
You don’t need to leave a large amount. Every dollar the hospital receives makes a difference. There is no greater act of ‘tzedakah’ than the selflessness of giving. Your legacy will ensure that we can:
- Upgrade equipment
- Redevelop essential life-saving areas of the hospital
- Provide nursing scholarships and specialized training
- Provide ground-breaking research that can save lives now and in the future
You can be sure that whatever you leave, it WILL make more of a difference than you could ever realize.
- Permanent recognition on our donor wall at Shaare Zedek during your lifetime providing the gift is over $5,000
- Estate plaque on the 4th floor of the hospital in Israel once gift is received
- Name recognition in spring newsletter donor list
- The donor will receive invitations to special events and seminars
- The donor will receive both hospital and foundation publications
- With permission from the donor, their story will be featured on our website and in donor communication materials
- For estate gifts over $25,000, the donor will also receive all of the benefits of the hospital’s Yahrzeit program which includes:
- During the first year of mourning, Kaddish is recited three times daily in Shaare Zedek’s synagogue, regularly attended by staff, patients and visitors
- An illuminated memorial plaque will be displayed on the Digital Yahrzeit Memorial Board in the synagogue for the entire 12-month period
- In all subsequent years, Kaddish is said every year on the Yahrzeit (date of death)
- A special memorial ‘bracha’ is recited on the nearest Shabbat
- The donor will be remembered during Yizkor prayers on Pesach, Shavuot, Yom Kippur and Shemini Atzeret
- The donor’s digital memorial plaque will be displayed in the synagogue on the Yahrzeit (date of death)
- Every year, the donor’s family will receive a letter directly from the hospital reminding loved ones of the Yahrzeit date.